I love eating tabbouleh but it is usually made with bulgur, which has gluten. A couple of my friends have Celiac so I found this recipe that is gluten free. It is really good!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large English hothouse cucumber or 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Bring quinoa, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
Add cucumber, tomatoes, herbs, and scallions to bowl with quinoa; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle remaining dressing over.
DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover remaining dressing and quinoa separately; chill.
- Calories (kcal) 290
- Fat (g) 21
- Saturated Fat (g) 3
- Cholesterol (mg) 0
- Carbohydrates (g) 24
- Dietary Fiber (g) 3
- Total Sugars (g) 2
- Protein (g) 5
- Sodium (mg) 170
Source: Bon Appetit
Image Source: cyclonebill