There is an ever-growing amount of yoga gear on the market now. That can make it confusing when trying to figure out what you need to have for class and what isn’t necessary. There are some items that I need to have with me in order to be physically and mentally prepared for class. See my list on the next page.
My yoga bag and yoga class essentials are:
- Slip on shoes such as flip flops. These easily get me from my home to the studio and I can remove them or put them on quickly.
- Yoga bag. A breathable bag with a place for your yoga mat, clothing, and other gear is very helpful.
- A durable yoga mat. Get a good-quality yoga mat that will last for a long time. Remember to keep it clean!
- Ponytail holders and/or headbands. This is a must-have to keep your hair out of your face while you practice.
- Water bottle.
- Grippy towel. When I started laying a grippy towel on top of my mat, it changed my practice. It keeps you from slipping on your mat when it’s sweaty. They are worth the investment!
- Small towel. Having a small towel handy during class is really nice if you want to wipe sweat off your brow.
What are your necessities for your yoga bag?
Image Source: Petras Gagilas